Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Parsley's age grows merry in time

Just to confirm (as I've had an e-mail flooding in) when I wrote "Why?" yesterday, I was only meaning that I couldn't understand why anyone from America would be reading this. I didn't have insider knowledge and I accept none of the blame. Still, it must be nice to be given enough time to mess something up good and properly rather than only getting four years and having to spread yourself around several countries.

Today my talking fingers smell of "sizzle and stir chilli" which is what I made for dinner. It's not like I haven't washed them, honest, but anything that goes into a pan to cook before meat seems to have the additional properly of eating it's way inside the skin somehow. Still at least it got the smell of onion and garlic off my fingertips. Time for a good long bath, I think.

I'm beginning to fervantly hope of an evening that it is just fireworks I'm hearing outside. In case people from outside the UK who are not aware of our odd customs are watching, the 5th of November is our official firework time. Someone tried to blow up the Houses Of Parliament and we celebrate that he didn't by giving small explosive devices to adolescents who are bored of throwing eggs and ripe fruit at people after Halloween. So we have had fireworks going off every night here for about the last month or so and will probably continue to do so for at least another couple of weeks. Back to my fervant hopes that they are just fireworks; I'm not dropping hints here but if you wanted to make a loud explosion or gunshot and for everyone to ignore it for some reason.... well, I shall say no more for now. On a more serious note, there have been a lot more police and ambulances and things moving around in a big hurry lately so remember to just stay safe, kids.

(plug)
Also, if any of you people are thinking about nice early Christmas gifts there is a DVD video compilation featuring 23 videos made over a 25-year career, with fully restored visuals and amazing new 5.1 mixes available in all good stores now.
(/plug)

I don't know why I bother, it's not like they are still paying me...

No comments: