Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Synchronicity

Somedays the shuffle function on an MP3 player seems to pick completely suitable songs for a situation. This morning’s walk to university was not one of those times. I’ve taken to walking to and from university recently partly to save money but mostly to give at least 50 minutes quality thinking time per day.

This morning in the driving snow (it wasn’t deep or anything but I looked like a snowman by the time I was halfway to university) the iPod started off with “Golden Brown” by the Stranglers, followed by a bit of reggae from a Trojan records compilation and then a Baaba Maal track and continued the sunny African theme with "Gracelands" from the Paul Simon album of the same name.

On the way back it did slightly better with “Go Now” by the Moody Blues playing as I left the library followed by “Get A Move On” by Mr Scruff. I’ve done about 2000 words so far this week. I’ll get on better now that we don’t have classes for the rest of this week but we are recording at a pub on Friday afternoon/ evening…

No comments: