Wednesday, April 06, 2005

"I wish I was somewhere and not in this town, maybe the ocean next time around"

Hello…

Well, the dissertation is finished, done, printed, and I’m rather glad to be rid of it now. I’m sure I’m not the only one (thank you, parents for proof-reading).

This last fortnight or so has been insane. We left the UK time zone and still haven’t fully returned. Our typical hours as we went into last weekend were getting up at around midday, working until about 5-7am, then going to bed until midday again. Like in Northern Exposure when they were awake all the time, we ended up adding a couple of snack-y meals during the night – generally about 3-4am when things were flagging slightly. It let to some quite weird conversations, in front of surreal television.

But it’s done now, and I’m glad. I just need to go hand it in, then catch up on the sleeping a bit, and it’s time for the group work….

By the way, I was going to use the title "I ate'nt dead" as a Granny Weatherwax reference, but then I thought about it for a while and decided not to.

2 comments:

Eleanor Groves said...

Congratulations. I guess, all things being well - you are a gruduate now. I bet you do brilliantly.
x

Eleanor Groves said...

ugh i meant graduate. Maybe that was a freudian slip as I still have 1.5 years to go. No, I don't 'grudge' you it at all. You have a real talent and you deserve to soar through.