Wednesday, April 20, 2005

"My fingerprints were found all over my hands"

It’s funny how easy it is to slip out of the habbit of writing when you’ve done rather a lot of it. So although this is a very short blog entry just now, there will be more blog relating to stuff that happened whilst doing the dissertation that is worth talking about (I think). So I’ll be coming back to all that.

Recently been reading: The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Screen Burn by Charlie Brooker (fantastic TV critiscm. Many of my friends are now heartily sick of my quoting from it. David Dickinson described as an “ageing thundercat” though…)
Something Rotten by Jasper Fforde (last in the Thursday Next series apparently, but he is starting another series with Detective Inspector Jack Spratt and Sergeant Mary Mary. Amazon lists another Thursday next book due in 2006…)
Silverfin by Charlie Higson (so he’s doing the Young James Bond, is Raymond Benson still doing the Bond novels for adults? John Gardner did them for a while but they were quite different to the Ian Fleming originals. Mind you, so were the films)

I’m about to swallow my pride and start on The Da Vinci Code…

Spinning in the DVD player: Firefly – the complete series, because they didn’t quite make one whole series before it was pulled – but at least there is the movie at the end of this year to tidy up the endings.

On iTunes I’m working through everything I haven’t played so far this year. Apart from Dead Ringers. Only 3.7 days worth of music to go…

Group work recording is completed, just need to find a convolution reverb that works. Space Designer in Logic isn’t behaving and it looks like the upgrade for Logic 7.1 won’t be sent from Apple until the 29th of April which is when the project is due to be submitted.

Come to our end of year show on the 18th of May at Leeds Metropolitan University. It won’t be crap, honest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Silverfin. Must have been a really good-looking guy who recommended that book to you. Hehe. I'm also about to start on The Di-Vinci Code.

D

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with your post, and i don't know you, but i liked your thought process for naming your blog talking fingers. creative.
Katie Leoni
www.livejournal.com/users/blueyedchik

Matthew Cochrane said...

Thanks, Katie... I was quite surprised that someone I don't actually know found this blog.

I should perhaps be more careful what I say...