Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cutting It

Back in first year at university, I was the one in our particular halls that managed to cut themselves badly enough to make a trip to A&E worthwhile. As I recall I had been trying to cut potatoes without the kerfuffle of using a chopping board, and made the mistake of cutting towards myself.

It was only actually noteable for being the first (and so far only) time that I’ve been lucky enough to have stitches, but I managed to get quite close this evening when I did pretty much the same thing, but cutting candles using a craft knife this time. You’ll have noticed that I am still able to type – the mac can do voice recognition but I don’t use it – so all the fingers are still there, and thankfully sutures weren’t necessary but I feel it’s book ended the year nicely.

Apart from that, it’s been a pretty good weekend. We start the next week with the resolution to do more – preferably something that will have money coming in rather than going out.

No comments: