Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Thyme In A Bottle

It’s been some time since I last wrote anything but I don’t feel as if there has been that much going on. Of course, that hasn’t stopped me before. Last week I was back in Leeds with the parents for the graduation ceremony. It would have been a little odd being back there to start with, but it was even odder given that Leeds had just become the centre of the news world as being the place where the guys who bombed London were from. There were a lot of police cars and things about.

I hadn’t been looking forward to graduation really, but it was better than I had expected. Plus it was nice to see everyone again and get that air of having finished something that was missing from high school. After the actual ceremony there was a lovely lunch with the parents and then a evening/night drinking back in Headingley with Malek, Karla and many others. As much as I liked Leeds, I’m still not especially tempted to go back there to live – there is simply nothing for me to do there now really. Having said that, a place where I could get a relatively brainless job would be nice just now for I have no money coming in. Luckily I also have very little money going out.

Yesterday I had an impromptu trip to Edinburgh to pick up the power supply for my Apple Mac which I managed to leave at my brother’s flat in Perth on Sunday. Luckily for me Pam (who my brother shares his flat with) had a job interview in Edinburgh so I met up with her and she gave me the power supply back. I also had a pleasant little wander through Edinburgh, which is somewhere I haven’t really visited for some time except to use the train station or airport to head south.

This week I’m glad that I’m not the person who has to work out how Imogen Heap is ever going to perform “Hide And Seek” at a concert, trying to find out why no one in the UK is selling L’Absente by Yann Tiersen anymore apart from iTunes (I want a CD with artwork, darn it). I’m also finishing unpacking and doing further mixing work on a long-delayed Sons Of Thunder live album before I go back to Leeds again this weekend for Malek’s birthday.

No comments: