Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Shape Of An Elf On Her Forehead

Another post so soon? Why, yes, and I’ve been catching up on the podcasts. It’s been a while since I actually cruised Podcast Alley and Podcast Pickle looking for new podcasts to listen to. Something which I like for some reason is to hear intelligent people ranting. Often I might not agree with them, but if you can put a point forward in an entertaining way then you have my attention; this was true of Bill Hick’s comedy, and it is true of the Pacific Coast Hellway. Each show contains at least one good rant and today’s was against the whole Olympics thing, it’s not very politically correct at all and strays to the edge of good taste at times but unlike, say, Chris Moyles, I find it funny.

Bill Hicks’ material is a different thing entirely – he was a stand-up comic with a strong streak of angry-preacher. I started to look for a quote, but one wouldn’t be enough – I’d direct interested parties towards http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

Be warned that if you go looking for either Bill Hicks stuff or PCH that both have explicit content and you really don’t want to be around young children or people who are sensitive to such things whilst listening to it, or maybe even reading it.

The neck thing seems to be improving which is a Good Thing; however, the seventh and final season of Buffy arrived today and I’m not sure that I want to be in a position where I can’t reasonably sit, watching DVDs all day.

Oh, and I was going to make the lyric title of the previous post into a daft little competition (where you’d have to identify the song) but then I found that if you can use “Copy,” “Paste,” the quote marks, and a search engine, then it would be a rather easy competition. Plus I couldn’t think of anything worth a competition prize.

One more thing: since I put the blog post up yesterday, another person found my blog after putting the Shania Twain related search in on MSN - I found out that if you enter the search terms I detailed yesterday, then I'm actually the first thing that comes up. Woo-hoo!

No comments: