Friday, March 10, 2006

But then again, gnome...

I’ve been looking at the site meter statistics again, now that I’ve been using it . At the time of writing I’ve had 230 people look at this thing. There tends to be peaks when I write things, which makes me wonder if some people are using RSS aggregators to see when I put new posts up. If so, good on you – that’s what I do. If you use Internet Explorer, chances are you going to have to wait until Windows Vista comes out to find out why RSS can be fun with bookmarks (or “Favourites”) which update themselves when there are new things.

Of course, not all the 230 visitors to this site were looking for me, the wooden leg has been well-documented in previous posts. The best recent one was some poor person who was looking for “buddhist monk synthesizer free” in MSN Searches. The worrying thing is that I know what this person was looking for – a free, monophonic formant-based (so it sounds like a voice) synthesizer comically names the “Delay Lama,” It has an animated monk which sings as you play the thing.

Something I hadn’t realised about blogger, it seems that some people just surf from blog to blog depending on what has been recently published. I suppose it takes all sorts…

The reason for this stuff (the statistics are things which you could look up yourself if you really wanted to – there should be a sitemeter link on here somewhere, I haven’t hidden it intentionally) is that I haven’t actually done much of interest today. I sat for a long time editing recordings from Tuesday night and retuning things. The retuning was because someone found that they weren’t able to sing a harmony, so I thought I might try to create the harmony from the main melody by making a copy and changing the notes they were singing. Only the original melody was slightly out of tune, so the harmony sounded horrible. I sense this could be turning into a big bit of post-production/ pre-mixing.

Recording in the dressing room was a great idea for a number of reasons, but mostly because there are no strong reflections in that room – the boxes and racks of soft, sound-absorbing clothes just break up the echoes nicely. That doesn’t stop noise from outside (buses, lorries, young people with copious amounts of spare time hanging about on the steps up to the theatre) being an issue, but that’s what low-frequency roll off is for.

Today I have been mostly watching (no, that's a lie - I watched it once but it amused me) someone's live action re-creation of the Simpsons opening titles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Your Song". - What's with the Elton John thing?

inda, you're getting slow!

avid, yep, there's more than one reader of the Blog

itc

Anonymous said...

It seems my capital letters are not registering! Sorry, Linda, sorry David!

itc

Linda Gillespie said...

Not getting here fast enough...... maybe I should just give up sleeping altogether and stay up....!

Linda Gillespie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Gillespie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.