Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Creamy nice, creamy good, creamy like you really should.

(why does that sound slightly dodgy? I only left the last bit on to make it good and obvious)


My brother described our snow as “pathetic.” Frankly, he had a point; it was melting in light rain even as I wrote that last blog post. This is more what I’m after:
http://www.birdchick.com/2006/03/birds-as-weather-forecaster.html

An odd day today, half of it was spent making short magical noises for Dream On using mostly harp-based sounds as starting points. I was able to go over them with the director in the evening which was helpful in terms of re-assuring me that they were basically sounding ok.

Part of it was spent extending one of the excerpts to go on the examples-of-sound-design CD. That should be ready to post tomorrow.

Another part of the day (admittedly not a huge part) was spent chasing rabbits out of the garden. Normally the rabbits that bother us aren’t lingering but on their way somewhere else – in a Watership Down-style (or Animals Of Farthing Wood-style if you prefer, but it was only rabbits), I like to think – but lately there have been 3/4 small rabbits who keep coming back. They poo everywhere, dig holes and strip bark off the tree, and are quite blasé about it too. I sometimes think that rabbits have worked out how to do teleportation because no matter how often I look up (and as I was cooking I had the chance to do that a fair bit) I never see them actually entering the garden. Look: nothing there. Look: nothing there. Look: four rabbits calmly nibbling at the grass. I’m not normally quick to anger but it almost made me want to see about getting some kind of gun – luckily for all of us, just opening the window seems to drive them away.

There may be more about the rabbits later.

“Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes.
They've got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?”

(That came from the musical episode of Buffy... I'm not going to spoil it further for those that haven't seen it.)

1 comment:

Linda Gillespie said...

Sounds like an advert for Boddingtons.......
Maybe the the 3/4 rabbits are hanging about looking for the the other 1/4? Maybe there's an orthopaedic bunny clinic nearby and these poor wee diabled bunnies are just our for some convalescence? Maybe I'm starting to rave.........