Monday, March 20, 2006

Love Is Plasticine

I keep a backup of this blog in a text file on my computer – in case blogger suddenly vanishes or deletes old postings without warning. This thing has become like my diary in many ways and I’d be annoyed at losing it. I was a little bothered to find that this backup txt file now runs to 150 pages (in 10 point type) and just under 48,000 words. That’s more than I would ever sit down expecting to write – even if I knew I’d have a year and a half to write it.

Two rehearsals in a row take a lot out of you. Just from standing that long (I tried sitting for a while and promptly missed two sound effect cues so I stood up again) and trying to concentrate. I can only imagine how the younger performers felt. Still, quite a lot of the rehearsal was encouraging. They have the show zipping along quite speedily and mostly accurately.

There has been some vaguely encouraging ideas about where things are heading with this cast recording CD (which won’t be on sale to the public), but I’m not going to talk too much about that just yet. A daft little idea I had actually seems to be holding water, at least for the moment. Even more encouraging news about the ticket sales; the last I heard, we had sold quite a few of them. Even if half the parents have probably seen the ending several times as they insist in hanging about in the theatre before picking up their children. Of course it could be that their interest is similar to ours: to see how they all do in front of an audience. I just hope my ankles are up to it…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going out on a limb here: Mr. Brightside by The Killers?

D

Matthew Cochrane said...

Nope, it's not. Think Scottish bands.