Thursday, April 27, 2006

A bird is always creeping from her room

It’s been a while since I did a proper blog entry, and so tonight I plan to sort that out. In the last week I took up part-time residency in Second Life,, http://secondlife.com/ but I think I’m over that now. For those of you who don’t know, Second Life is a chat environment/ game/ MMORPG; I cut back on my time there when I realised it would cost real money to buy land and build a house there.

Sweet Charity seems to have stepped into overdrive, or maybe it’s just that I’ve been in the theatre every day since last Thursday. At the weekend was the “Two Broads and a Piano” charity concert, which I recorded – just for the performers to hear – and finished working on the CD earlier today. Other evenings in the theatre have been spent working on some pre-recorded elements (some with actors, and some just for ambient sound effects), helping to hang the board advertisement, and helping to remove most of the sets from the stage. Tomorrow it’ll be rather nice to get a break, but I am feeling much better about everything in general to do with the show which is a Good Thing.

I heard the Dream On CD again today for the first time in a while, and I’m thinking more about changing some relative volumes between tracks – a couple of songs are meant to be quieter than others, but may be too quiet. Minor tweak prior to duplication, I think.

Anyway, rest of this week: I’m returning to the Glasgow to audition (and confirm prices for) new speakers for the theatre, and hopefully going back through all my own music bits and bobs to sort things into some kind of order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprise - I'm first. The lyric is from 'Roll over Beethoven'

Matthew Cochrane said...

No it's not. Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Anonymous said...

Right band, wrong song. It's Rockaria

D