Wednesday, April 05, 2006

They'd call us crispy, chocolate bees

When “Dream On” finished, I wasn’t sure if I’d have stuff to do. With my Dad being off work, I knew I’d not be alone in the house but I’ve still had plenty to do finishing off the Dream On cast CD, then there is still the last couple of tracks of the marathon-running Sons Of Thunder CD.

As the cartoon laws of physics say, “A cat will assume the shape of its container.” The gap in my workload – the container in this case – seems to have about 3 cats testing the lid (watch how far I stretch the metaphor). There is the prospect of a bit of music for a film, and some longer-term work with radio drama and musical theatre stuff. Someone I worked with once recommended that the best way to keep working coming in was to never refuse a job, on the basis that you never know which doors you are closing on yourself. So, my planned break to travel a bit has been put back a little; that might mean that things end up being cheaper because I can book it a little further in advance.

I’m really interested in this Boot Camp thing Apple announced today; it’s an application that enables you to partition an Intel-based Apple Mac in such a way that you can run Windows XP on it as well. Now, being a Mac convert I’m no great fan of Windows but it is a necessary evil in many ways because many websites and applications will only work from Windows. Or at least only work properly from Windows. If I owned an Intel-based Mac then I would now happily ditch my PC completely (and let’s face it, it has been in the garage since June). The dual-core Mac Mini is looking very tempting now, but I’m going to need a few more bits of paid work (or at least confirmed paid work) before I can afford that kind of craziness

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having trouble with this one kid... I just keep thinking of chocolate covered insects.... hmmmm ants dipped in honey!

Anonymous said...

It's Gypsy's Tramps and Theives by Cher!

Yarr!

D