Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Here we go again with my head in scone, my Lord

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, someone should really tell the popular media that after the events in Lebanon no one is being evacuated. A building can be evacuated, or a village, city or even country, but all that is taking place is that people are being moved from their homes. When people evacuate it actually means something else entirely.

But I am not infallible, as I proved last night when a fly landed on my monitor and my first impulse was to Apple+click it to close it.

The mammoth journey mentioned in the last blog I posted has been truncated slightly because the price doubled over the weekend, so I'm just going to Leeds for 2 days and then Birmingham at a later date. With the heat this week I think that it's probably for the best, I wouldn't be at my freshest in Birmingham after three days in Leeds and a couple of lengthy train journeys. At least I'm not travelling on First Great Western, where apparently the air conditioning units stop functioning in high temperatures. Good news for all those travelling from London to Cardiff...

No comments: