Thursday, December 14, 2006

We'll take the trail marked on your father's back

The joys of winter, when you might lose the ability to use the phone, the internet, electricity or all of the above. A day with a mysterious lack of broadband (partly, we think, due to “weather”) meant that I was getting on with some bits and pieces of work.

Mostly sorting through lots and lots of older material and putting things in sensibly titled folders. I have a huge amount of drum loops and other sounds that need to be cut into smaller sections to make them easy to sort through and things – particularly the rhythmic things which I like to have as REX files which means I can do all kinds of clever things involving changing tempos and timing.

Also some old recordings I’d found on cassette made me want to try things again but recording into the computer this time (such as close-mic’ing a radiator and then turning the heating on, etc.). Sound effects this week - spaceship engines (from outside and in) and laser gun blasts, lots of laser gun blasts.

On top of that, there has been panto. A mammoth tech and dress rehearsal took place on Sunday, currently we are two performances in with a further three to go Meanwhile on Yahoo I now have 740 junk messages and am calling a halt to this experiment at the weekend.

No comments: