Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm tired of the violins, I couldn't care less

An unusual week in work terms, trying out a few things that I haven't done before for Big Finish, at least not by me: more on that later. Also finishing off the list of changes suggested by the director and putting some music score on now that we've homed in on the theme tune.

I have a blog about the theme tune, it's partially written, but I'm not going to post it until the CD is out so you can hear what I'm talking about. Plus you might have that thing where when I describe the theme tune what you have in your head doesn't match up to the real thing.

Was in full on work mode, but received an e-mail telling me I'd won tickets to one of the concerts happening in London as part of the iTunes Festival in London. Apparently tickets for the whole series of concerts aren't actually for sale, they have to be won (or presumably you somehow get on the guest list). I hadn't counted on that, but have now sorted out train tickets to and from London for myself. Looks like I'll be in London for about 20 hours in total, just staying over night. At this point not sure if I'll try to take any work with me or just a book or two and the iPod. Must make a mental note to look out for myself on T4 at the weekend.

So, work is up to a point where I can safely leave it for a couple of days and it'll still make sense when I get back. Actually I may even be able to record a particular background sound in London whilst I'm there.

Back on Wednesday night with stories from that fancy London town.

No comments: