Monday, November 05, 2007

"He's here..."

Very busy at the moment, which is why I haven't been blogging. But, I am allowed to tell you all something about what I'm doing: an adaptation of Gaston Leroux's "The Phantom of the Opera" by Barnaby Edwards. It's being released on CD by Big Finish, but will also be broadcast by BBC7 over Christmas. As you might be able to guess if you are familiar with any of the other versions of this story, it presents some challenges from a sound design point of view... Which rather brings me back to why I'm busy and can't really blog much.

Little Biggar Festival seemed to go well. Of the few things I was involved with most fun was probably Biggar Shorts and least fun was an event in a park but only because it was quite amazingly cold and we were out there for some time. My next theatre project is panto which I'm keeping clear of for the moment due to work commitments.

Apart from working on Benny, working on Phantom of the Opera and doing normal things like sleeping and eating meals, I haven't actually done much lately. Had rented the first disc of the first season of 24 (it's important to do something mindless by way of winding down if you have been working in the evening or you end up dreaming about work) but only the first episode was playable owing to some kind of damage on the disc. I'd never had a major problem with LoveFilm rentals before but they seemed pretty good about trying to get it sorted - saying they would send me a different copy of the same disk for no charge.

Anyway, plenty to do, so more from me when I have some time.

No comments: