Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Polonius is no longer online"

Lots about Hamlet in the press this week because David Tenant is playing the lead in a production in our glorious Capital. I didn't study Hamlet at school, in fact I managed to get through high school with good grades in English and never once study Shakespeare (I did do Chekhov though, as well as Tennessee Williams and George Bernard Shaw - and those people don't have much in common beyond writing plays). I did go to see it in Edinburgh once but it didn't have David Tenant in it.

Anyway, for those who don't know Hamlet, and even those who do, here is a version written in a way that should be easy to follow for anyone familiar with Facebook. I found it rather amusing.

4 comments:

0tralala said...

"Our glorious capital"? He's in Stratford at the moment.

Matthew Cochrane said...

That's next to London isn't it? Greater London, anyway.

How about "down south" then?

Aleks Zglinska said...

Stratford upon avon..... Matthew you are de'dums :D

Matthew Cochrane said...

Okay, so in England you have Straford in London and Stratford-Upon-Avon in the Midlands, and for no reason that I've been able to discover you refer to both as merely "Stratford" and assume we'll all know where you mean. And I was only listening to Front Row with half an ear anyway, I mean have you heard The Archers lately?

So, not the glorious capital after all. Sorry.