Monday, January 05, 2009

Fly and blaze and slice

Next door to me live three young-ish girls (with a very new baby brother) and their parents. Two of the girls go to the Junior theatre workshop in Biggar, and often their Mum ends up taking us back after a rehearsal.

The girls know that my brother and I like Doctor Who as it's something we can safely talk about as a shared interest. I'm not entirely sure they understand how my job is vaguely connected with Doctor Who, but many people have that problem. Anyway, one of the girls made a Christmas card for my brother and I. Frankly, I think it's genius and someone really ought to be selling Toclafane baubles at Christmas.

5 comments:

Jenny G said...

I especially like the weapon of destruction at the top of the tree...

Matthew Cochrane said...

It could be great though, couldn't it? You could have each one open up to reveal a cyborg face.

David Cochrane said...

I love it. I especially like the use of Martha but no Doctor. And the Toclafane works rater well as a star, I think.

Jenny G said...

Yes, though small children would have to be kept away from the tree in case it rolls off. How would you keep it on the tree? As for the Doctor's absence, Lily probably has him.

cheshirecat said...

Ah, yes, that would be the logical conclusion wouldn't it? But I am far from logical.

We just receieved that episode with the master and martha, because we're so behind but that card is absolutely stunning!