Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wedding Playlist

My friend Claire also recently married and posted her wedding playlist. I thought that seemed like ta neat idea, so I'm doing the same thing but without youtube. I might try doing a Spotify playlist at some point, but then you won't get all the things I shortened or cut together tidily.

Aleks entered the Church singing "When a Merry Maiden Marries" from Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Gondoliers." It feels like a spoiler saying that, but it's already happened, and there wasn't a video, so if you didn't already know that it's because you missed it. So this is me being properly informative.

Music playing whilst we did the signing of the register and so on was a compilation I'd mixed together from Volume Alpha (recognised instantly by some as "the music from Minecraft"), and playing when we left the Church was "I Can't Take It In" which was Imogen Heap's contribution to the soundtrack for "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" film.

We talked about having a band, and we talked about having a DJ, and we talked about a wedding reception we went to where the DJ wasn't great and a tiny bit embarrassing in a cringe-inducing way (if you are reading this: it wasn't yours, it was someone else's). Then we talked about how there wasn't really a lot of space anyway, and maybe no one would be dancing.

So the way the music worked at the wedding reception was that during dinner there was a playlist with about 3 hours of music, set to shuffle songs with a crossfade of about 6 seconds. The upshot of that was that this played whilst people were having dinner

Leo Abrahams - Control
Sarah McLachlan - Witness
Lamb - Gorecki (instrumental)
Regina Spektor - Eet
Leo Abrahams - Rise
Paul Anka - Lovecats
Leo Abrahams - Seeking Stars
Nouvelle Vague - A Forest
Lemon Jelly - Nice Weather for Ducks
Nouvelle Vague - Guns of Brixton
Pizzicato Five - The Girl from Ipanema
Kirsty MacColl - In These Shoes
Joshua Radin - Only You (Imogen Heap Mix)
Van Morrison - Have I Told You Lately
Steeleye Span - London
Jim White - Bluebird
Regina Spektor - On the Radio
Magnetic Fields - The Book of Love
Nouvelle Vague - Teenage Kicks
Paul Anka - It's a Sin
Imogen Heap - Just For Now (Live Lounge in Toronto)
Björk - All is Full of Love
The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Le Freak
The Pierces - You'll Be MIne
Leo Abrahams - Plaground
Imogen Heap - Just For Now (Instrumental)
The Divine Comedy - In Pursuit of Happiness
Leo Abrahams - Kristiansand
Leo Abrahams - The Distance
I Monster - Daydream in Blue
BT - Childhood Montage (Title Sequence from "Monster")
A Fine Frenzy - You Picked Me
Air - Alone in Kyoto
Nouvelle Vague - This is Not a Love Song
Wax - Bridge to Your Heart
Leo Abrahams - Footprints
Leo Abrahams - In Doubt
Leo Abrahams - Spider
Peter Gabriel - Down to Earth

Quite a lot of Leo Abrahams there, but I basically dropped most of his album Honeytrap into the mix there (it's brilliant).

After speeches and cake-cutting was the first dance and an actual playlist I'd been working on in my spare time using proper editing software to get all the transitions working properly. In fact some songs are just in this order because they fitted well together.

First Dance:
Jim Moray - Magic When You're Near *

More dancing encouraged:
Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good on the Dance-floor
Chuck Berry - Roll Over Beethoven
Beyonce - Crazy in Love
Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston - It Takes Two
Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Blondie - The Tide is High
Mary Wells - My Guy
The Temptations - My Girl
James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
Jackson 5 - ABC
The Proclaimers - Let's Get Married
Muse - I Can't Take My Eyes Off You
The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize?
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
Joshua Radin - Only You (Imogen Heap mix)
Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares For Me
Etta James - At Last
Frank Sinatra - Love and Marriage
Bobby C TV Sound - Jelly Belly
Lazlo - Honey Pie IV (Beatles Electro Swing remix)
Cee-Roo - Don't Mean a Thing
Smokey Joe and the Kid - The Monkey Song
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist
Malcolm McLaren - Double Dutch
Abba / Madonna  Gimme Hung Up *
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
Tegan and Sara - Everything is Awesome
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger *
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Body Rockers - I Like the Way You Move
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
Elton Jojhn - Crocodile Rock
Little Eva / Kylie Minogue - The Locomotion *
Corona - The Rhythm of the Night
SL2 - On a Ragga Tip *
Deee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart
Janelle Monae - Tightrope
Outkast - Hey Ya
Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey bunch)
Kool & the Gang - Celebration
Huey Lewis & the News - The Power of Love
I Monster - Daydream in Blue
Afro Celt Sound System - Lovers of Light
Imogen Heap - First Train Home
John Lennon / Van Halen - Imagine a Jump
Tegan and Sara - Everything is Awesome (yes, again)

* = something I have in some way messed with (mostly making things shorter or cutting one song into another in the middle of the song)

No comments: